Hello Trials Riders!
We've just released update 7 for Trials Frontier on iOS. 7 new superhero outfits, 44 new missions and 14 new tracks... this is one of the largest updates for Trials Frontier yet! We'll jump into the full list of what's new, but first, a special video message from ANBA (Antti Ilvessuo) Creative Director, and resident Mad Genius here at RedLynx.
Special outfits with superpower. Update 7 will give access to 7 new superpower outfits listed below. The outfits with special powers can either be earned for free by completing the required tasks or by purchasing them with gems. The price of each outfit piece has a base cost and a minimum cost.
- The Rebel : Increase XP reward when racing by 10%.
- The Priest : Increases gem reward payout when landing on loot wheel.
- The Enforcer : Increases impact on loot wheel by 15%.
- The Goon : 50% more coins per checkpoint when racing.
- The Cyberpunk : Reduce Slot Machine cool down by 20%.
- The Platinum Knight : Improve Fuel Regeneration Rate By 33%.
- The Cyborg : Improve bike upgrade wait times by 10%.
New $9,99 bundle. The update introduces a new Butch Bashing Bundle that contains special outfit The Goon+ 400,000 coins + 500 gems for 8.99€ or 9.99$. The offer is unlocked after playing the mission ‘LOOKOUT POINT’ and will run for 72hrs once unlocked. The pop-up will reappear after 24, 48 and 72 hrs.
New world map with dynamic lines between tracks. All the visible tracks on the map are now connected with a dotted line, with a corresponding color for each tier of tracks. Green = Tier 1; Yellow = Tier 2; Orange = Tier 3 . The line appears between tracks as new tracks are discovered.
Red badge button for bike upgrades and slot machine. The app icon now has the red notification marker that indicates if the player has completed any bike upgrades or if the slot machine is ready to be used. Only displays bike upgrades that take more than 1 minute to complete, so the very first tier 1 upgrades do not appear here. The number in the red badge should indicate the actual amount of notifications, e.g. three completed bike upgrades should display the number 3.
Crafting items as rewards in Robotman. In addition to gaining coins and XP for completing Robotman missions, the player can now also gain crafting items from the missions.
Replacing ghost silhouette. Ghost silhouette now shows the rider's outfit when raced against the ghost of that player. In-game ghosts will not have the new silhouette.
New spray cans in the garage. The garage now has a new UI for selecting the spray cans for the bikes. The new UI can be seen on the upper right hand side of the screen.
New victory screen. When racing against another player's ghost, the result screen now displays both of the players with their equipped outfits standing on both sides of the screen.
44 New missions and 14 new tracks:
- Mirella candy missions. In the new Mirella missions the player must collect candies that are placed in various tracks. These candies can be hidden or otherwise tricky to get. To collect the candy the player must touch it. It doesn't matter if the player crashes after touching the candy, it still counts as collected. There are 27 candy missions available with Update 7.
- Ghost Missions: The ghost missions task the player with getting bronze, silver and gold medals on all of the hardcore pack tracks.
Skipping bike update timers. The new update provides players with the option to complete the ongoing bike upgrade via the pre-race screen. The players can complete the task by spending required diamonds.
- WASP got replaced with 8 ball skin, the 8 ball skin is not present in the game.
- Slot machine graphics unavailable after the race is complete.
- Three unlocked swamp tracks were locked again for players.
- Upgrade fitting when in offline mode FREEZES the game.
- Fuel purchase amount gets changed after purchasing Starter packs.
We're not done expanding on Trials Frontier. We have more exciting things planned for future updates. To stay up-to-date on everything Frontier related by bookmarking our forum, following us on Twitter, and throwing us your like on Facebook.