Are you crazy about video games?
Then we should be friends! We’re always looking for talented and passionate people to join our growing family, so step right in and take a peek at what we have to offer.See open positions
Work at RedLynx
Games, games everywhere!
Our games portfolio needs a pretty big suitcase to fit into. We’ve made over 100 games for pretty much all platforms. We currently work on both innovative mobile and console titles which guarantees lots of variety in our projects. We encourage you to do things differently and break the box rather than just think outside of it. Sometimes the silliest ideas just need a friend and a hug to become something great.
Life is good
RedLynx Studio is located in Helsinki, the capital of Finland. Finland is known as one of the safest, cleanest and happiest countries in the world. Go ahead, look it up. A happy and healthy employee is a good employee, which is why we put a little extra effort into making sure there’s a good work-life balance. Benefits such as extensive healthcare and insurances, flexible working hours, lunch and sport vouchers, great parties – just to mention a few – are designed to keep the RedLynx family feeling good and going strong.
In the UBI Universe
We are proud to be part of Ubisoft, one of the biggest game publishers in the world. Even as we are an independent studio with our own DNA, we get a lot of support and trust from Ubisoft to take our projects to the next level. For our team members, this means awesome learning and collaboration opportunities all around the world, and the possibility to grow and get better with some of the greatest talent in the business.
RedLynx in numbers
Work with us!
Did we get you excited?
Then let’s wiggle our joysticks together!
We are now looking for a
As an Audio Director, your objective is to take our games to the next level by creating dashing, high-quality audio solutions for our games. Your job is to work with the Creative, Design, Art and Engineering Directors to provide a strong vision and direction for the game’s audio. You will be leading the audio team and make sure that the audio resources are optimized in order to serve the projects efficiently.
We are looking for an audio professional with experience in shipping games and managing people. You're a master of sound, music, and voices, using audio to enrich how players enjoy the game. You have the ability to communicate it effectively while taking into consideration feedback from many fronts that serve many different needs. You enjoy solving complex problems in quickly changing situations, still keeping quality as your priority number one.
- Define the direction for all audio aspects of RedLynx games alongside Creative Directors
- Find creative, innovative and efficient audio solutions to take our games to the next level.
- Lead and develop the audio team
- Optimize audio resources in order to serve the projects efficiently
- Work with producers to ensure that schedule is achievable and take appropriate steps to address problems as they arise
- Establish quality requirements for the audio experience and guarantee the quality of audio assets
- Select and collaborate with outsourcing partners such as voice-over studios, taking part in VO sessions
- Oversee the final mixes for our games
Our dream candidate has
- 10+ years of experience in audio for video games
- Shipped at least one game as an Audio Lead or Director
- Experience in audio production for video games, including knowledge of game production pipelines and the audio part of it
- Extensive knowledge of industry-standard audio tools
- Expertise of Wwise
- Demonstrated talents as a musician or composer is a bonus
- Experience leading voiceover, location, or Foley recording sessions is a bonus
- Experience in vehicle audio is a bonus
- Experience in system-driven audio design is a bonus
- Experience in people management
- Drive and persistence and is able to communicate the vision to the team
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent collaboration skills and flexibility to adapt to changing situations
Open Application – Programming
Our heroes are full of character. Full of their own challenges, hopes, and dreams. Dear Programmer, you might just be the hero/heroine we are looking for! Shall we meet?
We at Ubisoft RedLynx are always on the lookout for new team members to help us create awesome and unforgettable experiences for our gamers. Whether you are a seasoned professional or just starting out in the industry, we might just be looking for you.
Interested in sending us an open application? Let us offer you some tips:
- Since we are working on both console and mobile projects at RedLynx, please let us know what you are more interested in. Please let us also know what´s your area of specialty and interest. Is it e.g. gameplay, online or engine programming that gets you excited?
- Have you already been involved in video game or other software projects? Why not send us a sample of your work in the form of a video. If you were not working alone, please tell us what your role was. We are also interested in hearing about the ups and downs while working on the project. And if you can share us code samples – we would be thrilled!
- If you pass our initial screening, be prepared to carry out a test assignment in your area of expertise.
We are now looking for a
Lead Programmer for South Park: Phone Destroyer
As a Lead Programmer, you will play a key role in making sure that our latest mobile release, South Park: Phone Destroyer, stays on top of the game. Your main objective is to lead and develop the team of programmers in order to ensure the technical quality of our live game. Your responsibility is to assign implementation features to programmers as well as follow-up on the deliverables. You will also work in close collaboration with an external development team within Ubisoft. Maintaining and further enhancing the productivity of the content pipeline is one of your key objectives. By mentoring and coaching the talented programmer team you´ll make sure they get to develop themselves in their roles and achieve their best.
We are looking for an experienced programmer with team leading and project management skills. You enjoy working in a dynamic live game environment and proactive communication comes naturally to you. We will offer you great opportunity to take your career to the next level in a fun and ambitious team working with a huge brand.
- Lead feature and content development on a live game
- Maintain and improve the content development pipeline
- Distribute work among programmers, set quality standards and follow-up on the deliverables
- Coordinate with other disciplines within the team
- Mentor, coach and manage a team of skilled programmers
- Collaborate with the external development team
Our dream candidate
- Has solid experience in working on live mobile games
- Is proficient with Unity and C#
- Has strong gameplay programming knowledge
- Has experience in managing products that require strong expertise in graphic, shader, network programming and demand constant optimization
- Has good team leading and project management skills
- Has strong collaboration skills in an interdisciplinary environment
- Is proactive communicator and understands the importance of knowledge sharing
- Is organized and able to plan and prioritize their work efficiently
- Enjoys mentoring and coaching others
We are now looking for a
To work with our latest console announcement, Trials Rising – the biggest and most ambitious Trials game ever. As an Associate Producer you will be an essential part of the production team. Your main responsibility is to manage the scope of the online team which is located in Helsinki, Kiev and Paris. In addition you will be assisting our Live Producer in Live related topics.
We are looking for a project management champion, with technical proficiency and excellent communication skills. You enjoy interacting with different stakeholders, and coordinating a multi-site development team sounds exciting to you! You have a knack for identifying and raising awareness of production risks and the sense of urgency to make timely decisions when needed.
Trials Rising was announced in E3 June 2018 and will be released in early 2019. As an Associate Producer you´ll have an amazing opportunity to work with a well-established IP and see the release of a game, which has long been expected by the faithful fans.
- Coordinate the day-to-day tasks of the online team
- Plan the road map of future releases together with the Live Producer
- Collaborate with various stakeholders in multi-site developing environment
Our dream candidate
- Has experience in developing and launching software products – preferably video games
- Has excellent project management skills and is experienced with different project management tools
- Has technical proficiency and knowledge of online side of game /software development
- Is a proactive communicator, detail-focused and persistent
Too many amazing feature ideas, too little time. That´s the reason we are looking for a kick-ass Online Programmer to join our console team! In this role, you will be designing and developing online systems for our brand new game engine for consoles and PC. In particular, you will be working in close co-operation with multidisciplinary teams of programmers, game designers, artists, and testers to develop online services for gameplay features that will fit various future projects RedLynx will be working on.
If high quality code is your second name, new online features knock your socks off and you know video games as the back of your hand, please reveal yourself! We promise plenty of interesting challenges and a relaxed, yet highly skilled online team to work with. This is a unique possibility to work for a big game publisher inside a cozy and friendly Finnish game development studio.
• Collaborate with designers and programmers to make technical design for our online features
• Implement state-of-the-art online features to our game engine
• Stay up-to date on online programming in general and your specialties in particular
Our Dream candidate has
• Experience with asynchronous responsive client-server applications or websites
• Fluency in C++
• Strong general programming and code architecture skills
• Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable and functional code
• Commitment to code quality, documentation and testing procedures
• Smooth communication and team work skills
We also appreciate
• Experience with database architectures
• Experience of at least one full development cycle from conception to shipping
• Degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent
• Passion for games and interest in the games industry
• Proactive attitude and strong self-organization skills
We are now looking for an experienced Senior Video Artist to be a part of our Marketing team.
As a Senior Video Artist you will drive our marketing video creation for all our games and our studio brand. Your days will be spent creating top-quality video material, such as trailers, for all digital channels, events and any other instances where it’s needed. You may also be working with motion graphics and various video content for in-game purposes. In short you’re a video creating machine – you eat ideas, still images and raw capture for breakfast and turn them into diamonds in motion by the time they come out.
You will be working your magic on every step of the video production cycle in some capacity. Your goal is to wow the audience and make us and our games shine. Close co-operation with the rest of the marketing team and studio game production is essential to get things done. In addition you will get to work with external agencies on trailer productions.
We are looking for a team player with a passion for games, entertainment and design. You have a lot of creative ideas, and you really enjoy rolling up your sleeves and getting things done. Taking initiative comes naturally to you and you are used to an autonomous working style. You can keep track of multiple things at the same time and prioritize work against schedules, while making sure the quality of your work stays at the highest level.
As a Senior Video Artist you get to work with team of talented artists, marketing professionals and game developers. At Ubisoft RedLynx you have the opportunity to work with big ambitious projects with a global scope. Don´t miss your chance to be part of something Legen-Wait For It… DARY!
- Create top quality video material and motion graphics for all platforms and devices
- Drive the marketing video creation together with the team and be involved at all stages of the process
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external partners to ensure a smooth process and delivery
OUR DREAM CANDIDATE
- Has good experience in video editing and very good experience in creating motion graphics
- Has great eye and technical proficiency for creating finalized and impactful materials
- Has good knowledge of visual and stylistic trends in games, film and entertainment
- Has typographic and design knowledge for titles, transitions, lower thirds etc.
- A strong understanding of video formats required for all platforms, e.g. online, mobile and big screens
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and other relevant tools
- Ability to take initiative, be responsive to deadlines and manage video projects
- Experience in giving detailed feedback to and guiding other team members and external partners
- 3D skills
- Animation skills
- Experience in graphic design / illustration
- Working with audio design
- Experience in cinematography/photography
- Game / entertainment industry experience
- Good understanding of brands and marketing
We are now looking for a
Builds and Tools Lead
As a Builds and Tools Leads you´ll play a key role in making sure that the build pipelines run smoothly and our games are top-notch quality. Your job is to lead our talented release and build specialist team, which supports all the game projects at the studio. Your responsibility is to analyze the build pipelines and coordinate the implementation of improvements. Once in a while you might also get your hands-on with the implementations itself, but most of the time you´ll spend coordinating and managing the team. You will also set and follow-up the long-term objectives, and by coaching and mentoring the team members you will take them to the next level.
We are looking for a technical problem solver and a proactive communicator with interest in people management. You enjoy researching new technologies and learning new things as well as helping others to succeed. Even though the daily life can be full of changing situations, varying priorities and random fires, you´re able to keep your mind in the big picture and organize your work efficiently.
In this role you will get to work with exciting projects and to interact with various teams in charge of different areas of game development. You will get to develop your managerial skills in a multicultural team full of professional yet easygoing people.
- Lead and develop the team of release and build specialists
- Manage the workforce planning and communication process with other teams
- Analyse the build pipelines and coordinate the implementation of improvements
- Set and follow-up long term objectives in order to improve the processes
- Coach and mentor the team members
Our dream candidate
- Has knowledge of scripting languages
- Is experienced in continuous integration (Jenkins or similar)
- Has good knowledge in version management (e.g. Perforce)
- Has experience in coordinating a team and interest in people management
- Is organized and has good problem solving skills
- Enjoys researching new technologies and has a learning mind-set
- Communicates proactively and enjoys coaching and mentoring others
We also appreciate
- Passion for games
- Experience in implementing automated testing